1st International Taiji Science Online Forum &
World Taiji Intangible Cultural Heritage
Online Masters Exhibition
The sudden COVID-19 pandemic has changed people’s living environment to a certain extent, but it has also strengthened people’s eager pursuit of health and wellness. On December 17, 2020, it was announced that Taijiquan has been included in The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), indicating the good health value and profound cultural heritage of traditional Taiji is gradually accepted by the people of the world. Taiji originated from China and it is now practiced all over the world. As people in today’s society pursue physical, mental, and spiritual health and fitness, the worldwide development of Taiji is happening at just the right time.
Taiji has a special fitness and health preservation effect, which has been proven by its practice of thousands of years all over the world. However, the health-preserving effect and mechanism of Taijiquan have always kept a mysterious veil. With effective use of modern medical science and technology, a deep understanding and comprehensive analysis of Taiji’s health effects and mechanism of action, must be inherited and learned from, but also innovated and developed. Optimizing exercise procedures, quantifying fitness effects, developing and establishing targeted “Taiji exercise prescriptions”, and making more effective use of traditional Taiji health exercises to serve the general public will be an important direction for the future development of Taiji health and wellness.
The purpose of this forum is to “Deepen Taiji wellness research and serve human health needs”. In order to celebrate the UNESCO’s official inclusion of Taijiquan in the World Intangible Cultural Heritage List on December 17, 2020, the “International Taiji Science Forum and World Intangible Cultural Heritage Taijiquan Masters Exhibition” will be held on September 17-18, 2021 online.
TAIJI SCIENCE FEDERATION (WTJSF)
DBA National Tai Chi Wellness Foundation (NTCWF)
The Taiji Science Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered under the U.S. Government and is composed of institutions of American, European and Chinese universities, scientific research institutions and health and wellness associations, as well as international medical health experts, researchers and professors. Its predecessor was the National Tai Chi Wellness Foundation established in 2008. It has participated in a number of Taiji health studies, held many international Taiji and Health Qigong forums, and established a “Medical Tai Chi” course at Stanford University. The association is committed to taking “Taiji Science” research as its lead; using “Journal of Taiji Science” academic journal as a platform; using scientific experiment data analysis to support medical Taiji, Qigong, other wellness prescriptions, formulating medical Taiji standards, certification programs, and education curriculums. With the assistance of scientific research international exchanges, forums, and festivals, it promotes Taiji science, culture and wellness on a global scale.
The University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign is a public land-grant research university in Illinois in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana. It is the flagship institution of the University of Illinois system and was founded in 1867. As of August 2020, the alumni, faculty members, or researchers of the university include 30 Nobel laureates, 27 Pulitzer Prize winners, 2 Turing Award winners and 1 Fields medalist.
Hangzhou Normal University is a public university in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province, China. It is a comprehensive university with an excellence in teacher training and professional development. HNU has nearly 12,000 full-time students, 9,000 of whom are undergraduates. Of over 1,000 teachers, over 100 have a doctorate degree or are Ph.D. candidates, and 283 have a master’s degree. There are nearly 490 professors (researchers) and associate professors (associate researchers).
Harbin sport university, referred to as “Hati”, is located in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province. It is the only general higher sports university in Heilongjiang Province. The school was founded in 1958, formerly known as Harbin Sports School; in September 1958, the State Council approved the establishment of Harbin Sports College on the basis of Harbin Sports School. In December 2003, the Ministry of Education approved the school to have the qualification for joint training of master’s degree students.
According to the information on the school’s official website in February 2017, the school covers an area of 2,781,100 square meters and a building area of 174,800 square meters. There are 9 teaching colleges. The department offers 12 undergraduate majors; there are 535 faculty members, 5,852 undergraduates, and 111 postgraduates.
World Taiji Net
Large-scale comprehensive international Taiji network website. It is the earliest and most influential Taiji online platform in the world. It is jointly created by many powerful cultural, technological, and media organizations. Using modern network technology as a means, we are committed to spreading and inheriting the world’s intangible cultural heritage Taiji. It has developed into a three-dimensional media organization that integrates text, pictures, and video, and integrates multiple platforms and forms. Over the years, it has hosted or co-organized dozens of Taiji cultural activities with extensive influence at home and abroad with governments or large organizations in China and around the world.
Five Branch University
American Association of Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture (AACMA)
US Collegiate Taiji Federation
Wuhun-Taiji Magazine of China
Senior Sports Magazine of China
Pre-registration: April 12, 2021
Final registration: July 30, 2021
Forum Date: September 17-18, 2021
- Forum Topic
“Deepen Taiji wellness research and serve human health needs”
1) World Taijiquan Intangible Heritage & Qigong Topics
a. The historical origin, inheritance and development of Taiji & Qigong
b. Taiji & Qigong Measurement Index and Quantitative Standard
c. International exchanges and scientific research of Taiji & Qigong
d. Industrial development, promotion and dissemination of Taiji & Qigong
2) Taiji Intangible Cultural Heritage Master’s Exhibition
a. Representatives of the main inheritors of the relevant styles of the Taijiquan Intangible Heritage List.
b. Representatives of other Taijiquan, Health Qigong, and other health-preserving methods.
c. The master’s exhibition includes an introduction of the styles of Taiji and form demonstration.
d. video demonstration or live performance.
3) To register, please provide a name, short bio (Intangible Culture Heritage Master’s need to provide related styles and level of certification such as city, province or national level), date of birth, title, workplace, position, degree, contact address, zip code, and telephone number, E-mail address, and a passport size ID photo and 2 full body action photos.
Note: All the above related organizations and individuals can apply, and they can only participate after being evaluated and approved by the expert team from the organizing committee.
1) All papers or abstracts that meet the topic of the forum and the summary topics can be submitted but only original research papers will be considered for publication in SCI. The expert team from the organizing committee will uniformly review, evaluate and screen, and confirm whether it will be adopted.
2) The expert team from the organizing committee will invite internationally renowned experts and professors to serve on the expert reviewing team for this forum.
3) If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate the first author.
4) The number of words in the author’s bio is limited to 100-300 words; the number of words in the abstract of the paper is limited to 500-1000 words; the full text of the paper should not exceed 6000 words. If selected as a speaker, please provide a PPT file.
5) The content paper and video materials must be legitimate and do not involve any intellectual property disputes. All responsibilities related to this shall be borne by the contributor or applicant. After the registration is approved, unless the contributors and applicants have made special statements or notice to the organizing committee before the registration deadline, they are deemed to have agreed and authorize the organizing committee to use the author’s photos, videos and part of the paper for publicity and promotional activities.
1) The top 10 original research papers will be recommended for publication in the SCI journal. The top 20 paper authors will be invited as keynote speakers to the online forum. The top 21-40 paper authors will be invited as guest speakers. Other papers will be included in the conference proceedings after being reviewed by the expert reviewing team, and all winning authors will receive certificates.
2) Taiji masters will be awarded by the expert team as either “Extraordinary performance award ” And “Performance Award”. The winners will be issued an electronic certificate by the organizer and will be announced through the conference proceedings, media platform and their own network.
1) Forum pre-registration：April 12, 2021.
Requirements：Author’s bio、paper title and abstract.
Master Demo：Master’s bio，performance title and introduction
2) Deadline：July 30, 2021
Forum Requirements：Full paper and PPT file
Master demo: provide video or PPT file.
3) Submission：Please contact Forum@WTJSF.org to submit files.
4) Forum Fees：Only original research papers can be selected to be recommended for publication in SCI, a review fee will be applied and borne by the author.
5) Updates：The information update for the event will be in 4 rounds of notices:
a. Introduce content of the forum, forum structure, basic requirements.
b. Update information for organizing committee, announce organizing committee expert teams, announce VIP guests, and first batch of Master performers.
c. Confirm the forum procedures and schedules, announce list of speakers.
d. Announce results, media reports and future events
- Organizing Committee Contact Information：
Address: 10268 Bandley Drive, Suite 107, Cupertino CA 95014 USA
English and Spanish: Miguel Iniguez, Blasé Luliano
Official Sponsor Kungfu Direct is the largest wholesale and retail website of martial arts equipment in the Americas. It is the USA National Wushu Team Trials and US National Championships, Pan American wushu Championships Competitions.